This facilitator certification training is designed exclusively for educators, social workers, health professionals, coaches, and human resource and corporate wellness managers who want to facilitate and scale emotional intelligence and mindfulness in their workplace settings.
Our evidence-based Mindfulness Ambassador Program (MAP) has many different applications, including in one-on-one therapeutic sessions, college and university courses, secondary school classrooms and wellness programs. After the successful completion of this certification, an online upgrade is available for the Mindful@Work program, which is tailored for corporate wellness programs, police academies, first responders, university and post-graduate settings, and one-on-one therapeutic sessions. Both virtual and in-person trainings are available.
Cost: $725.00 CAD
Skill Level: All levels. Personal meditation practice required.
Course Duration: 36 hours
Home Assignments: 10 hours
Materials: In-person and/or online learning materials will be provided.
Practicum: Mandatory facilitation of 6 sessions with a minimum of 8 people. Practicum requirements must be completed within one year of start date.
Upon Successful Graduation: 1 Coaching Call; Certificate of Completion; and an opportunity to receive the Mindful@Work upgrade.
Bonus: An opportunity to join the Mindfulness Social Innovation (MSI) Facilitator Certification if participation in the MSI Lab Program (or a similar program) has been completed.
Payment Plans: We offer installment payment plans, if needed. As well, we offer a limited number of scholarship options, prioritizing individuals identifying as low-income, Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour and/or LGBTQ2S+. Please email our Administrative Manager/Catalyst, Nicole North, for more information at: email@example.com
Summer Session Dates & Location: TBD
Fall Session Dates & Location: TBD
• Develop facilitation skills and strategies to lead The Mindfulness Ambassador Program, including 12 evidence based session plans and practices rooted in mindfulness and social emotional learning (SEL)
• Learn facilitation strategies to conduct age-appropriate discussions that build social emotional competencies
• Create strategies for a shared learning environment, to catalyze key program discussions, and to strengthen peer connections
• Explore and deepen your personal mindfulness practise as well as learn the techniques necessary to lead others
• Acquire present moment tools to better manage challenging emotions, stress and anxiety and develop the skills to apply them with individuals and group settings
• Facilitator Training Manual with instructions and strategies to effectively lead the Mindfulness Ambassador Program (MAP)
• MAP Participant Workbook, complete with 12 evidence- ased session plans and Take Away Practices
• Individual instruction and mentoring support for program delivery
• Access to program evaluations, partnership development documents, marketing materials and resources for future learning
The Mindfulness Without Borders program is inclusive, user friendly, and encourages
mindfulness practices. Feedback from my clients who struggle to take time to
practice mindfulness finds this program easy to use and effective.
The online facilitator program is very well designed. The themes and the facilitator’s approach builds community and embraces the participants’ voices. As part of my community, MWB’s perspective of equality and inclusion has a
great impact on others.
Going into this program, I expected to see instant changes in my facilitation skills, but what I didn't expect was to see so much change within myself. I found myself
becoming a more mindful human in every setting. I am excited to see how these
sessions will transform the lives of others for the better.
Mode of Delivery: In-person courses require a minimum of 20 registrants to proceed. If this minimum number is not reached, consideration will be made to switching to online course format.
Refunds & Privacy: We offer a 100% refund if requested 30+ days prior to the program or training start date; and 25% refund if requested 7-30 days prior to the program or training start date.
Curriculum Evolution: The MAP Facilitator Certification Training curriculum was originally developed by Mindfulness Without Borders, a leading provider of best practices and evidence-based programs on secular mindfulness and social
emotional learning. The Global MINDS Collective team is currently working with a team to adapt the curriculum in a manner that reflects equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonial practices, while still honouring the spirit of the original training. As such, a new version of the MAP Facilitator Certification will be available in 2024. Individuals who have already undergone the MAP Facilitator Certification prior to this change will have an opportunity to receive additional training that pertains to the changes.